Rights & Responsibilities
Rights of Patients
We offer a health check on joining the Practice.
- Are given appropriate drugs and medicine on prescription
- Are referred to a consultant when a GP thinks its necessary
- Have access to medical records
- Receive emergency treatment through a GP at any time
- Can choose whether or not to take part in medical research
- Will receive a full and prompt reply to complaints about services by the practice
- Can have a copy of the practice leaflet
- Be punctual for all appointments
- Give as much notice as possible if unable to attend appointments
- Be prepared to see any doctor
- Only contact the Out of Hours services in an emergency which cannot wait until the next working day
- Treat doctors and staff with courtesy and respect
- Please be patient if appointment times are running late
- Request a home visit only if an illness or medical condition prevents you from attending.
- Remember, one appointment for one person only.